Alter Trading Corporation announced several promotions Tuesday (June 2), including news that Jack Grundfest of Little Rock would serve as president of the recycling company.
Grundfest, who has served as Alter Trading’s Senior Vice President and CAO, joined the company in 2018 with the acquisition of Tenenbaum Recycling Group of Little Rock.
In his new role, Grundfest will have responsibility for all of the company’s corporate functions, administrative departments, and the ferrous and nonferrous marketing groups. He will report to Alter’s CEO Jay Robinovitz.
Founded in 1898, Alter is a privately owned, fifth generation company with 1,325 employees. Alter acquired Little Rock-based Tenenbaum Recycling Group in 2018. It operates 70 metal recycling facilities and seven trading offices in eight states, along with its representative sales office in Hong Kong, China.
Headquartered in St. Louis, Alter provides a direct supply of high-quality products and services to customers in the Unites States and throughout the world.
Other promotions announced include:
- Michael Goldstein, promoted to the Executive Vice President of Operations;
- Robin Cai, promoted to Managing Director of Asia;
- Michelle Roosa, promoted to Vice President of Human Resources;
- Sarah Schlichtholz, promoted to the Vice President of Environmental and Community; and
- Bart Childers, promoted to Vice President of Information Technology.