The Winthrop Rockefeller Institute on Petit Jean Mountain will host a rural workforce summit from October 2-4, 2019. The event will be held at the institute’s headquarters on the mountain.
The three-day summit will bring a consortium of stakeholders together to examine issues, resources and access to workforce opportunities for parts of rural Arkansas.
The Rural Workforce Development Southern Region Summit will address:
- Use of labor market and data to drive strategies;
- Public-private collaboration to attract employers and define workforce requirements;
- Workforce readiness and training;
- Apprenticeship and job placements;
- Recruitment and retention;
- Sector-based best practices related to workforce (i.e. veterans, telecommunications, water, manufacturing, health care, etc.); and
- Succession planning, including strategies such as worker cooperatives
According to the Institute, attendees will represent industry, education, municipal, government agencies, non-profit organizations and training facilitators, among other workforce development professionals.
To learn more about the summit, click here, or watch an interview with WRI’s Chief Programs and Marketing Officer Janet Harris below.