After a one-year hiatus due to the pandemic, the Northwest Arkansas Business Journal will host a networking event this year associated with the annual Women in Business award. It’s scheduled for June 22 from 5:30-7:30 p.m. at the Apollo on Emma in downtown Springdale.
The event will follow current CDC guidelines and there is an outdoor area if the weather will allow.
The Women in Business event is the first for the Business Journal since the beginning of the COVID-19 pandemic and shutdown in March 2020. The company also hosts events recognizing the residential real estate industry (A-List Award), Forty Under 40, Fast 15 and C-Suite.
“We’re excited we’ll be able to gather at the Apollo on Emma to formally celebrate this year’s Women in Business honorees,” Business Journal editor Paul Gatling said. “The past year has been a challenging time for all, but we are looking forward to a return of our annual events.”
Gatling said the Business Journal is also planning to host its signature annual event, the Forty Under 40 luncheon, at the Embassy Suites in Rogers on Aug. 17.
The magazine’s 7th annual class of Women in Business honorees will be featured in the June 21 issue of the Business Journal. This year’s honorees are:
- Brenda Anderson, Blue Crane
- Canem Arkan, Endeavor Northwest Arkansas
- Lisa Bridgers, VMLY&R
- Stacia Dean, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences
- Tiffany Hudson, Partners for Better Housing
- Laura Kellams, Arkansas Advocates for Children & Families
- Diana McDaniel, Arkansas Children’s Northwest
- Terisa Riley, University of Arkansas at Fort Smith
- Traci Sowersby, ArcBest
- Judith Yanez, RootED Northwest Arkansas
Individual tickets are available for $10. Please contact publisher Rob Gutterridge at 479-725-0394, ext. 5, or email to [email protected] to reserve tickets.