The Arkansas District Export Council has named 15 new members appointed by U.S. Secretary of Commerce Wilbur Ross. The members will serve four year terms on the council.
Requirements for appointment include status in the local business community, knowledge of day-to-day international operations, interest in export developments, and willingness and ability to devote time to council activities.
New members include:
- Phil Brandon, Rock Town Distillery, Inc.
- Doug Brooks, A.E.R.T. Inc.
- Mihir Desai, Welspun Tubular LLC
- Ken Gaines, The Steco Corporation
- Angela Marshall Hofmann, World Strategies, LLC
- Edward King, Grapette International
- Samuel M. Rothschild, Slim Chickens
- Russell C. Owen, Pernod Ricard USA, LLC
- Gina Radke, Galley Support Innovations
- Max A. Rodriguez, Guardian Payment Systems
- Curtis W. Schneekloth, Cooper Tire & Rubber Company
- John A. Sinclair, Lycus Ltd., LLC
- James Keith Smith, Keith Smith Company, Inc.
- Dennis R. Truelove, Lockheed Martin Missile and Fire Control
- Dr. Ashvin P. Vibhakar, University of Arkansas – Little Rock
The Arkansas District Export Council will recognize new members at a reception at the Governor’s Mansion on February 15th, 2018.
The Arkansas District Export Council is a private, non-profit organization, which brings together experienced international business people who provide support, advice, and assistance to Arkansas companies interested in entering into or expanding into international markets.
There are currently 35 council members who participate in training seminars, one-on-one business counseling, and work with the Department of Commerce to help companies leverage government resources and information to assist in exporting. All of these services are offered at no charge to the exporter.
Exports to world markets support approximately 50,000 Arkansas jobs and brought in $5.7 billion of revenue to the Arkansas economy in 2016. In addition, exporting has helped sustain 2,365 Arkansas companies, 80% of which are small- or medium-sized firms, according to the group.