The American Transportation Research Institute, the nonprofit research organization of American Trucking Associations, appointed four new members to its board of directors.
ATRI Chairman Judy McReynolds, who’s chairman, president and CEO of Fort Smith-based ArcBest Corp., appointed the following to serve on the ATRI board:
- James Reed, president and CEO of Van Buren-based carrier USA Truck
- Andrew Boyle, co-president of Boyle Transportation, Billerica, Mass.
- Benjamin McLean, CEO of Ruan Transportation Management, Des Moines, Iowa
- Dennis Nash, chairman and CEO of Kenan Advantage Group, North Canton, Ohio
“Our board plays a critical role in guiding and shaping the priorities for ATRI,” said Rebecca Brewster, president and chief operating officer for ATRI. “We benefit from a very engaged group of board members and are pleased to have these gentlemen join that group.”
Also, the ATRI board of directors appointed Karen Rasmussen, president and CEO of HELP Inc. of Pheonix, Ariz., to chair ATRI’s Research Advisory Committee. Rasmussen replaces Scott Mugno who was nominated to lead OSHA.
In January, Reed was promoted to CEO of USA Truck after Randy Rogers resigned. Since then, the company has announced the hiring of several executives:
- September 2017: Jeff Harris, vice president of maintenance
- July 2017: Allen Lowry, vice president of safety and risk management
- May 2017: Rick Hainlen, vice president of revenue operations
- May 2017: Kim Littlejohn, vice president and chief technology officer
- April 2017: Jason Bates, chief financial officer
- April 2017: Cheryl Stone, senior vice president of human resources