Women who are looking to start or grow their own companies can hear from other women who are excelling in research, innovation and business at “accelHERate,” presented by the Arkansas Small Business and Technology Development Center.
The center will hold two “accelHERate” forums live on Zoom on March 8, International Women’s Day.
Each session has its own lineup of four distinguished speakers.
Their talks will touch on lessons learned and advice for budding entrepreneurs. Topics will include management and growth strategies, startup mistakes and how to avoid them, key skills for entrepreneurial success, and research commercialization strategies. A question-and-answer period will follow.
On the panel for the 12-1:30 p.m. lunchtime session:
- Dr. Nancy Rusch, partner at PinPoint Testing and professor and chair in the UAMS Department of Pharmacology and Toxicology;
- Portia Carr, CEO of Infinity Therapy;
- Latanyua Robinson, president of Latrobe; and
- Misti Staley, CEO of Staley House and inventor of the FreeArm tube feeding assistant.
Speakers for the 4-5:30 p.m. session, hosted by the Arkansas State University ASBTDC:
- Dr. Jenn Conner, associate professor at the New York Institute of Technology College of Osteopathic Medicine-Arkansas;
- Sharon Davis, founder of Strategic Technologies Corporation and Strategic Continuity Services;
- Dr. Maureen Dolan, president of Nature West; and
- Allyson Lewis, founder and CEO of 7 Minute Life.
The center has hosted accelHERate in-person events annually since 2018, with standing-room-only attendance. Due to COVID-19, this year’s sessions are virtual.
“We want to encourage more women to pursue entrepreneurship and consider it as a viable and rewarding path,” said Laura Fine, ASBTDC state director. “With our online format this year, women across Arkansas can participate in one or both ‘accelHERate’ sessions and get inspired to pursue their dreams.”
To register for the free webinars, click on these links: