Economics Arkansas on Wednesday (May 20) voted to appoint eight new board members and confirm its new board chair. The new members and chair will begin their appointments June 1, 2020.
The board members include:
· Heather Albright, Bank of America, Little Rock
· John Wooten, Centennial Bank, Jonesboro
· Jay Meador, IBERIA Bank, Little Rock
· Devin Bates, Mitchell Williams, Little Rock
· Andrea Lewis, First Security Bank, Little Rock
· Meredith Moll, Foundation Resource Management Office, Little Rock
· Chris Nail, Superintendent, Beebe School District
· Patrick Wilson, Wright, Lindsey & Jennings LLP, Little Rock
The new chairman will be Randy Lawson, CEO of Lawco Energy Group in Bentonville. He succeeds outgoing chairman Perry Wilson of Barber Law Firm PLLC in Little Rock.
All appointees will serve three-year terms through May 31, 2023.
Economics Arkansas (through the Arkansas Council on Economic Education) is a private, non-profit, non-partisan, educational organization founded in 1962 by Dr. Arch Ford and led by Dr. Bessie B. Moore to promote economic literacy in Arkansas.
Its mission is to equip PreK-12 schools with training and resources to teach economics and personal finance using practical, innovative and inspiring methods so that Arkansas students may become economically and financially literate, allowing them to achieve their own American dream and thrive in a free-market economy.