Carlisle native Kenneth Calhoun has been elected 2019-2020 general chairman and treasurer for the Technology & Maintenance Council (TMC) of trade organization American Trucking Associations (ATA). The organization announced Monday (March 18) the election at the council’s annual meeting.
Calhoun, fleet optimization manager at Altec Service Group, previously was vice chairman and chairman of meetings for the council. Calhoun succeeds Jeff Harris, vice president of maintenance at Van Buren-based carrier USA Truck, as general chairman and treasurer.
“Kenneth has been a model TMC member and an example of the type of professional standard our council strives to set. I’m pleased to see him elected as TMC general chairman and treasurer,” said Robert Braswell, TMC executive director. “His passion for finding better ways to analyze maintenance data and develop our next generation workforce is well known and a great asset to the council.”
Calhoun also was recently named to serve on the 2019-2020 Research Advisory Committee of the American Transportation Research Institute, the nonprofit research organization of the ATA. Before he joined Altec Service Group in 2017, he was vice president of customer relations at Truck Centers of Arkansas in North Little Rock.
“Being recognized like this by my peers in TMC is a tremendous honor, one I am humbled to receive,” Calhoun said. “I want to thank the membership of TMC for the opportunity and thank Jeff for his service to our organization.”
“This year has been an incredible honor for me, and I want to thank my fellow TMC members for it,” Harris said. “As I hand off the chairmanship of TMC, I want to congratulate Kenneth on his election and wish him luck. I’m sure he will be an outstanding leader for our council.”
Following are other TMC officers for 2019-2020:
- Vice chairman and chairman of meetings, Stacy Earnhardt, director of asset management and specialized operations, Best Logistics Group
- Chairman of study groups, Scott Bartlein, fleet maintenance manager, Barry Fleet Services LLC
- Chairman of membership and publicity, John Adami, principal, NW Heavy Duty Sales
- Chairman of associates, J. David Walters, manager, warranty and field service, ALCOA Wheel & Transportation Products
- Immediate past chairman Harris and executive director Braswell.
Following are directors-at-large:
- Jim Boyd, Southeastern Freight Lines
- Todd Cotier, Hartt Transportation Inc.
- David Foster, Premier Transportation
- Jill Gingrich, WheelTime Network LLC
- Winston Minchew, Old Dominion Freight Line Inc.
- Randy Obermeyer, Batesville Logistics
- Peter Savage, Clarke Power Services Inc.
- Randy Tumbarello, Genox Transportation Inc.