Little Rock’s Remix Ideas will present its “Battle of Ideas” pitch contest on Feb. 22 where early stage startups can pitch their business ideas for a chance to win $5,000.
The contest, which will be held at the Arkansas Regional Innovation Hub, will be the fifth such challenge held by the local entrepreneurial service organization.
According to Remix CEO Benito Lubazibwa, Remix has been increasingly involved in several projects with Winrock, Fayetteville-based Communities Unlimited Inc., the Little Rock Tech Park and other city groups to bolster opportunities for women, urban and minority entrepreneurs in the city’s startup scene.
To participate in the upcoming pitch challenge, local startups must submit their business idea or early stage venture by Monday, Feb. 11 at www.remixideas.com.
Pitch criteria includes:
1. What problem does the idea solve?
2. Degree of need: Significance of the problem that the ideas addresses
3. What makes your idea unique? – You need to effectively communicate how your idea is different.
4. What is the potential impact of your idea to the community?
5. How do you plan to use $5,000?