The Arkansas Research Alliance (ARA) announced Tuesday (Nov. 6) the addition of four members to its board of trustees: Ronnie Dedman, president, AT&T Arkansas; David Peacock, president, Hytrol Conveyor Co.; Laura R. Landreaux, president & CEO, Entergy Arkansas Inc.; and Cam Patterson, chancellor, University of Arkansas for Medical Sciences.
“In my opinion, we have one of the best boards in the state,” ARA President and CEO Jerry Adams said in a statement. “The new members bring an incredibly wide range of perspective to the table, and we’re proud to have them help guide ARA.”
The ARA board of trustees is comprised of Arkansas business leaders and the chancellor from each of the state’s five major research universities. The new members represent high-profile state organizations across Arkansas, continuing a precedent that began with ARA’s founding in 2008.
“The board was created to drive the strategic role of research in the economic future of Arkansas,” ARA Chief Operating Officer Bryan Barnhouse said in a statement. “Each member is truly excited about elevating the role of research in Arkansas.”
The ARA board of trustees meets three times a year, with its next meeting scheduled for December. The new board members join a group that includes the following people:
- Sonja Yates Hubbard (Chairperson), Principal, The Yates Group
- Robert Shoptaw (Treasurer), Retired CEO, Arkansas Blue Cross Blue Shield
- Laurence Alexander, Chancellor, UA at Pine Bluff
- Kelly Damphousse, Chancellor, Arkansas State University
- Andrew Rogerson, Chancellor, UA Little Rock
- Joseph Steinmetz, Chancellor, University of Arkansas
- Ritter Arnold, Executive VP External Affairs, E. Ritter & Co.
- Andrew Clyde, President & CEO, Murphy USA Inc.
- Kent Fonvielle, Executive Director, MISO
- Jerry Jones, EVP and Chief Ethics Officer, Acxiom
- Gaylon Lawrence, The Lawrence Group
- Alex Lostetter, Vice President, Cree
- Tommy May, Chairman & CEO, Simmons First Foundation
- Charles Nabholz, Chairman Emeritus, The Nabholz Group
- John Roberts, President & CEO, J.B. Hunt Transport Services, Inc.
- Reynie Rutledge, President, First Security Bank
- Dan Williams, CEO, Garver
- Michelle Wolfe, VP of Human Services, Walmart