Glen McDonald, director of maintenance for Ozark Motor Lines in Memphis, has been elected as the general chairman and treasurer for American Trucking Associations’ Technology & Maintenance Council.
McDonald will replace Doug White, vice president of maintenance for Dunbar Armored. McDonald was elected to a one-year term at the annual meeting of the Technology & Maintenance Council, which is taking place from Monday (Feb. 27) to Thursday (March 2) in Nashville.
“Glen has been a model TMC member and an example of the type of professional standard our council strives to set,” said Carl Kirk, ATA vice president of maintenance, information technology and logistics and executive director for the council.
Over the past year, McDonald was vice president and chairman of meetings for the council.
White said he was honored to serve as chairman over the past year. “As I hand off the chairmanship of TMC, I want to congratulate Glen on his election and wish him luck,” he said. “I’m sure he will be a fantastic leader for our council.”
Also, Kenneth Calhoun, vice president of customer relations at Truck Centers of Arkansas in North Little Rock, will serve as chairman of study groups for the council. Calhoun served as director at large over the past year.
The following are the other officers serving on the council for the 2017-2018 year:
- Vice chairman and chairman of meetings, Jeff Harris, Swift Transportation
- Chairman of membership and publicity, Peggy Fisher, TireStamp
- Chairman of associates, Dave Walters, Alcoa Wheels by Arconic
The following are the directors serving at large:
- John Adami, NW Heavy Duty Component Sales
- Curtis Cummings, FedEx Freight
- Stacy Earnhardt, Best Specialized
- David Foster, Premier Transportation
- Duane Lippincott, UPS
- Randy Obermeyer, Batesville Logistics
- Joe Stianche, Peco Foods