Former 188th Wing Commander Col. Mark Anderson has been awarded the Jack White Leadership Fort Smith Award. The award and other Community Leadership Awards will be presented at the Alumni Association’s annual Commencement and Leadership Awards Ceremony on May 14.
The Jack White Leadership Fort Smith Award is given annually to an individual whose leadership has meaningfully improved the quality of life in Fort Smith by contributing time and energy in a multitude of ways for the betterment of our city, demonstrating vision, commitment and courage to achieve positive results while also displaying characteristics such as honesty, moral strength and compassion.
Following are recipients of the Community Leadership Awards.
• Business/Industry: Doug Babb, Retired CEO, Cooper Clinic
• Education: Ken Fletcher, Construction Technology Teacher, Northside High School
• Government: Judge David Saxon, District Court Judge, Sebastian County
• Non-Profit: Charolette Tidwell, Director, Antioch Youth & Family
• Healthcare: A. Nasser Adjei MD., Interventional Cardiologist, Sparks Health System
• Religion: Rev. Kevin A. Thompson, Lead Pastor, Community Bible Church
The 2015 Leadership Fort Smith Commencement and Leadership Awards Ceremony begins at 6 p.m., May 14, at the Reynolds Conference Center at the University of Arkansas Fort Smith.