The 2023 Levitt AMP Fort Smith music series will return in September with a fall lineup of artists performing live concerts at the Riverfront Park Amphitheatre. 64.6 Downtown announced the lineup Aug. 16, saying there would be five concerts in September.
The organization received a $90,000 grant from the Mortimer & Mimi Levitt Foundation to continue the outdoor music series it has held the last two years for another three years, 64.6 Downtown Executive Director Talicia Richardson announced last fall. The family-friendly concerts at the Riverfront Park in downtown feature a variety of music genres and are designed to bring free, accessible and inclusive music to the community, Richardson said.
“Downtown’s Riverfront Park Amphitheatre offers a picturesque gathering space to mingle with old friends and meet new ones on the lawn,” a news release on the concert series said.
The Fall series will feature a diverse lineup of talent spanning genres including zydeco, pop, R&B, Latin rock, and blues. Attendees can bring blankets, lawn chairs, picnic baskets and dogs. Concessions, vendors, a food truck, and children activities will be available.
Shows are 6 to 9 p.m. on Saturdays in September.
• Sept. 2 – Terrance Simien and the Zydeco Experience with opener Don Bailey’s Eclectic Party Band – Simien is an American zydeco musician, vocalist and songwriter. He and his group won a Grammy for best zydeco or cajun music album in 2008 and for best regional roots music album in 2014.
• Sept. 9 – Djarin with opener Escape Tones – Darin Jamal Tom is a fashion designer and vocalist from Gallup, N.M. According to his website, “his music and his fashion attain that of deep emotion and chili aloofness.”
• Sept. 16 – Branjae with an opener to be announced later – Branjae is black musician who specializes in classic soul, funk, and R&B. According to her website, she is an “artist, activist, dancer, singer, and actress who empowers women and inspires hope for us all.”
• Sept. 23 – Voltaje with opener Fuego Cruzado – Voltaje is an American musician, singer-songwriter, multi-instrumentalist and producer, known for her work with San Francisco “now wave” hip-pop band The Power of 3.
• Sept. 30 – Dyer Davis with opener Chris & Lolly – Dyer Davis is an American singer / guitarist, who released his debut album for WildRoots Records in February.