Mercy hospitals in Rogers and Berryville and other large Mercy clinics in Springdale and Bella Vista are further restricting visitors to help protect patients from the rapidly spreading coronavirus.
Beginning Tuesday (March 24), the new restrictions will apply and no visitors will be allowed, with the following exceptions:
- Visitors age 18 or older for patients receiving end-of-life care at the discretion of the physician.
- One support person age 18 or older for laboring mothers.
- One parent per pediatric patient at a time.
- One parent per NICU patient at a time.
- One visitor for patients in wheelchairs and those needing special assistance.
- One escort for visitors in wheelchairs.
- One visitor or driver age 18 or older for patients undergoing urgent procedures.
- One visitor per emergency room patient deemed to be in critical condition by the ER physician;
- One visitor for an emergency room patient in a wheelchair and requiring assistance; minor patients may be accompanied by one parent.
Mercy said visitors must be free from fever and cough and submit to a wellness check before entering the facilities. The hospital urges family and friends who are unable to visit patients in the hospitals to use the email form found at this link that will be directed to the patients.