The Broadcasters Foundation of America, a charity devoted to helping broadcasters in acute need, named its recipients of the 2019 Leadership Awards and one is from Northeast Arkansas. The awards were presented at the Broadcasters Foundation annual breakfast on Wednesday (April 10) in Las Vegas during the National Association of Broadcasters trade show. Those honored include:
· Bobby Caldwell, Owner & CEO, East Arkansas Broadcasters, Inc.
· Jean Dietze, President, Affiliate Relations, NBC Broadcasting
· Richard A. Foreman, President, Richard A. Foreman Associates, Inc.
· Mark Gray, CEO, Katz Media Group
· Paul McTear, former President & CEO, Raycom Media
· David Poltrack, Chief Research Officer, CBS Corporation; President, CBS Vision
The Leadership Awards are given annually by the Broadcasters Foundation in recognition of career contributions to the broadcast industry and the community, according to the Arkansas Broadcasters Association.
“Bobby’s contributions to Arkansas broadcasting and the national broadcasting business are immeasurable. He defines local broadcasting and we are fortunate to benefit from his history of leadership in Arkansas,” said ABA Executive Director Luke Story.
The Broadcasters Foundation has distributed millions of dollars in aid to broadcasters who have lost their livelihood through a catastrophic event, debilitating disease or unforeseen tragedy. Personal donations are made to the Foundation’s Guardian Fund and corporate contributions are accepted through the Angel Initiative. Bequests can be made through the Foundation’s Legacy Society.