Logistics and shipping giant J.B. Hunt Transport has expanded job recruitment onto 11 military bases with a new hiring initiative known as Hunt’s Heroes.
The company said the program offers career opportunities to veterans and transitioning service members, as well as support and guidance as they enter the civilian workplace. J.B. Hunt execs recently promoted the program at two transition summits on American military bases in Germany – United States Army Garrison Bavaria and Kaiserslautern Military Community, targeting hundreds of transitioning soldiers and sharing with them hiring opportunities, including professional driving.
“J.B. Hunt is committed to offering veterans and transitioning service members a fulfilling career path within the transportation industry,” said Craig Harper, J.B. Hunt’s Chief Operations Officer. “In 2014, we announced a company-wide commitment to hire 10,000 U.S. military veterans by the year 2020. We continue to honor this pledge through our Hunt’s Heroes hiring program, and are proud nearly one in five employees at J.B. Hunt is a military veteran.”
In partnership with the U.S. Chamber of Commerce Foundation, Hunt’s Heroes representatives plan to attend numerous military transition summits and job fairs across the U.S. and around the world to connect with soldiers leaving the military and beginning a civilian career. For more information on Hunt’s Heroes visit www.jbhunt.jobs and click on the military link.
This year J.B. Hunt recruitment events will take place at the following locations:
• Joint Base McGuire-Dix-Lakehurst Transition Summit, Lakehurst, N.J. – April 7-8
• Citizen Soldier Career Expo: Bentonville, Ark. – April 9
• Camp Pendleton Transportation Industry Forum: Camp Pendleton, Calif. – April 27
• Fort Bragg Transition Summit: Fort Bragg, N.C. – April 27-28
• Fort Leonard Wood Transition Summit: Fort Leonard Wood, Mo. – May 10-11
• Fort Hood Soldier for Life – Transition Assistance Program Mega Event: Fort Hood, Texas – May 17
• American Legion Job Fair: Springfield, Ill. – July 15
• Quantico Transition Summit: Quantico, Va. – Sept. 7-8
• Fort Carson Transition Summit: Fort Carson, Colo. – Sept. 13-14
• Fort Campbell Fall Career Fair: Fort Campbell, Ky. – Sept. 14-15
• Joint Base Lewis-McChord Transition Summit: Fort Lewis, Washington – Oct. 4-6