On this week’s edition of Talk Business & Politics, two roundtables explored the top business and political issues of the week.
In our business roundtable, which featured Talk Business & Politics executive editor Michael Tilley and business editor Wes Brown, the two joined host Roby Brock for a conversation on the biggest business headlines of the week.
- Weyerhaeuser’s merger with Plum Creek and how it will affect Arkansas forest lands
- Lower gas prices and its impact on consumer spending
- Gov. Asa Hutchinson’s trade mission to China and Japan
You can watch a full video with Tilley and Brown at the bottom of this post.
Our politics roundtable included Rex Nelson and Michael Cook – two frequent contributors to Talk Business & Politics.
Issues discussed included:
- The end of candidate filing period
- The legislative scoreboard for 2016
- Can Democrats make gains? Can Republicans add to their majorities?
- The U.S. Senate race
- Term limits and its impact on the 2016 election
You can watch the full roundtable conversation with Nelson and Cook below.