Arvest Bank in Northwest Arkansas is partnering with 14 local organizations for the 1 Million Meals initiative, a two-month, bank-wide effort to provide one million meals or more to those in need.
This Northwest Arkansas effort will benefit 14 area organizations that will receive nonperishable food and monetary donations made at Arvest branches in Northwest Arkansas from Sept. 2 through Oct. 31.
• Helping Hands, Bentonville
• Shepherds Food Pantry, Bella Vista
• 7hills Homeless Center, Fayetteville
• Life Source International, Fayetteville
• Madison County Senior Activity & Wellness Center, Huntsville
• The Grace Place, Lincoln
• First Baptist Church of Lowell Food Pantry, Lowell and Pleasant Crossing
• West Fork Elementary Backpack Program, West Fork
• Prairie Grove School Backpack Program, Prairie Grove
• The Ambassador Club, Prairie Grove
• Samaritan Community Center, Rogers
• The Manna Center, Siloam Springs, Gentry and Kansas
• Springdale Public Schools Health Services, Springdale
• NWA Food Bank, Arvest Bank Operations
Northwest Arkansas residents can help support these organizations during the initiative by dropping off nonperishable food items or making a donation at any of the Arvest branches in Northwest Arkansas. Every dollar raised through 1 Million Meals provides the equivalent of five meals for local, hungry families.
Last year, Arvest banks’ employees and customers raised 1.8 million meals. In 2014, one in six American households reported food hardship, or not having adequate funds to provide enough food for their family. And, out of the 50 states, Arkansas ranks seventh in food hardship.