Marine Glisovic with our content partner, KATV Ch. 7 News, reports:
An ethics complaint has been filed against State Treasurer Dennis Milligan by attorney and Blue Hog Report blogger, Matt Campbell.
Campbell tells Channel 7 he filed it on Thursday morning, however, Milligan’s spokesman Grant Wallace tells KATV he was unaware that a complaint had been filed until we sought a statement.
In the complaint, Campbell cites 14 allegations stating that Milligan knowingly and intentionally violated various provisions of Arkansas law and then knowingly attempted to cover up those violations; most of the allegations cite campaign activity.
Some of the allegations include:
- Milligan knowingly hiring two spouses of State Representatives
- Milligan making promises of employment for campaign work to seven individuals
- Campaigning by Milligan using his publicly furnished office while Saline County Clerk
- Intentionally misstating original ethics filings to hide campaign workers’ identities
- Using his Saline County office fax machine for personal horse racing business
Read more of the specific complaints from the ethics filing here.
Read more from Ch. 7 at this link.