Leaders from a recognition program saluting achievement in career and technical education presented honors to several Northwest Arkansas high school students on Feb. 26.
Five students were honored as the winners and honorable mention recipients of the Regional Student Career and Technical Leadership Award.
Mike Harvey of the Northwest Arkansas Council; Dr. Ricky Tompkins, vice president for learning at NorthWest Arkansas Community College; Cheryl Pickering of the Northwest Arkansas Education Service Cooperative; and Stephanie Trolinger, Northwest Technical Institute’s Secondary Career Center director, presented the program.
The top three students will receive $1,000 scholarships to NWACC or NTI to continue to advance their career and technical education skills. The award recipients were:
• Cody Casebeer, Siloam Springs High School, Computer Information Systems
• Kristien Nelson, Siloam Springs High School, Business
• Riley McGill, Rogers High School, Business
Honorable mention recipients were:
• Baylea Birchfield, Bentonville High School, Business
• Brianna Cazer, Elkins High School, Business.