Wal-Mart is honoring more than a dozen trucking and transportation partners as its “Carriers of the Year.” This recognition from the retailer is the best of the best from its 400 third party carriers that provide transportation for the Wal-Mart Stores Inc. The retailer also recognizes an individual as Transportation Carrier Representative of the year.
“When Wal-Mart chooses a carrier partnership, we look for companies who provide outstanding service, effective communication, and for a company that will exemplify Wal-Mart’s mission to ‘Save people money so they can live better,’” said Kevin X. Jones, Vice President of Walmart Inbound Transportation. “Wal-Mart is fortunate to have worked with many companies that have accomplished this task.”
Wal-Mart awards this designation each year to companies who provide support to Walmart stores, Sam’s Club’s and distribution facilities located throughout the continental United States.
The Wal-Mart Carriers of the Year, for services provided during 2013:
• FedEx Corporation – Small Parcel • Averitt Express – LTL Regional
• Saia LTL Freight – LTL National
• Swift Transportation – Grocery Dedicated
• Hub Group – Intermodal
• Go To Transport – Diversity
• Decker Truck Line – Temperature Control Gold*
• Prime Inc. – Temperature Control Platinum*
• Legacy Supply Chain Services – Sam’s Club Carrier of the Year
• Tango Transport – General Merchandise Gold*
• Celedon – General Merchandise Platinum*
• Heartland Express – General Merchandise Diamond*
• U.S. Postal Service – Innovation
• Charlie Crawford, UPS – Carrier Representative of the Year
* Gold, platinum and diamond designations are relative to fleet size, smallest to largest, respectively.