Little Rock-based utility Entergy Arkansas announced Monday (Nov. 9) it has established an online site to allow customers to purchase reduced-cost, energy-saving products.
The Entergy Arkansas Marketplace offers discounted LED light bulbs, smart thermostats and advanced power strips that reduce energy use. The marketplace is part of the Entergy Solutions Program. Customers can receive free shipping on orders of more than $35 and a flat shipping rate of $5 for those under $35. Some discounted items have quantity limits.
“Part of a clean energy future involves partnering with customers to create simple and innovative ways to improve energy efficiency in their homes,” said Gabe Munoz, Entergy Arkansas manager, Energy Efficiency. “Our Entergy Solutions Program gives customers the opportunity to save money by leveraging technologies to reduce the up-front costs of energy efficiency upgrades.”
Following are some tips to reduce energy costs:
- Use LED light bulbs
- Run dishwashers and washing machines only when fully loaded
- Lower water heater temperature
- Ensure heat registers or air returns aren’t blocked with curtains or furniture
- Have ceiling fans turn clockwise to pull up air in the winter
- Unplug unused appliances or use an advanced power strip
- Set thermostats to 68 degrees during winter.
Entergy Arkansas, a subsidiary of New Orleans-based Entergy Corp., provides electricity to 715,000 customers in 63 counties.