The North Little Rock Convention & Visitors Bureau (CVB) announced Friday (Oct. 16) that Bob Major, the organization’s President and CEO, will retire effective December 31, 2020.
Karen Trevino, currently Senior Vice President & COO, will assume the role as President and CEO upon Major’s retirement.
“The North Little Rock A & P Commissioners would like to extend a heartfelt thank you to Bob for his leadership for the past eight years. His dedication and love of working for the City of North Little Rock and our restaurant, hotel and tourism industry is evident in all of the great strides we have made during this time,” said Melanie Hoggard, Chairman of the A & P Commission and owner of Moe’s Southwest Grill in Arkansas. “It has been a true pleasure to work with Bob to promote our local businesses in the hospitality industry and we wish him the very best in his retirement.”
Major has served in his current role since 2012. Prior to that, he worked at the CVB as group tours consultant. During his tenure, Major was the catalyst for several changes that include:
- Changing the organization’s name and staff titles to align with other CVBs nationwide;
- Overseeing North Little Rock CVB’s historic move from Burns Park to downtown North Little Rock;
- Establishing an outdoor dining district in Argenta;
- Bringing the tugboat USS Hoga to the Arkansas Inland Maritime Museum;
- Adding a retail component to the North Little Rock Welcome Center, providing local and Arkansas-made products and gifts for visitors and locals; and
- Undergoing the CVB’s first in-depth market research, rebranding and website revamp.
“We’re going to miss Bob tremendously and are so grateful for everything he has done,” said Trevino. “He has always encouraged his staff to work hard, think outside the box and treat everyone with respect. That kind of positive influence will have a lasting impact.”
“Anything accomplished during my time here was because of the hard work of the staff,” Major said. “And I’m so pleased that Karen will be returning to the top leadership position. She has done and will do a fantastic job at the helm.”
The North Little Rock CVB is the destination marketing organization for North Little Rock, Arkansas. It promotes North Little Rock as a tourism and hospitality experience.