Conservative Arkansas is a group known primarily for their work in highlighting the need for reform of state legislative expense reimbursements. But today they are weighing in with endorsements in five Republican primary races where they feel there is a more conservative choice for voters in the May 22 primary.
- In Senate District 1, they endorsed Bart Hester over Rep. Tim Summers.
- In Senate District 7, they endorsed Rep. Jon Woods over Sen. Bill Pritchard.
- In House District 80, they endorsed Charlene Fite over Terry Bibbs.
- In House District 81, they endorsed Rep. Justin Harris over Lisa Norris.
- In House District 97, they endorsed Jeremy Miller over Bob Ballinger.
According to their press release, the endorsements were based on an arduous vetting process that included questionnaire reviews, personal interviews with a candidate committee, a public debate, and a membership presentation. The members of their organization met last Saturday to vote on the endorsements.
“We look forward to seeing these candidates through the primary and on to victory in November, and to building relationships that contribute to change for the better in our great state,” said spokesperson Jennifer Fournier in the release. “We’d also like to extend our sincere gratitude and appreciation to all the candidates for their participation, to our members, and to our Director, Patsy Wootton, in leading this difficult task.”