The Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board announced its board of directors for 2011. Each member of the board is appointed by Gov. Mike Beebe and serves a two-year term.
Board officers are:
- Todd Allen, chairman, West Memphis
- Shannon Davis, vice chairman, Bono
- West Higginbothom, secretary/treasurer, Marianna
Board members include:
- Jim Carroll, Brinkley
- Thad Freeland, Tillar
- Andrew Oliver, Proctor
- Gary Sitzer, Weiner
- Rusty Smith, Des Arc
- Keith Watkins, Griffithville
Dr. Lanny Ashlock of Little Rock serves as Research Coordinator.
Arkansas currently ranks 10th in the nation in soybean production, producing 122 million bushels annually valued at more than $1 billion.
The Arkansas Soybean Promotion Board was established to improve the profitability of soybean production in Arkansas and to distribute funds from the checkoff for research and extension projects conducted by the University of Arkansas Agricultural Experiment Station and Cooperative Extension Service.
Latest posts by Roby Brock (see all)
- Sen. Marco Rubio PAC To Aid Tom Cotton Senate Bid - December 5, 2013
- Sen. Pryor Launches New TV Ad Touting His Faith - December 4, 2013
- Broadband Groups Sending Recommendations To Governor - December 3, 2013