How to Write a blog (Make sure you’re logged in!)
Registering a new account
- Click on Register, found in the top menu of your screen.
- Username: This is a name that will serve as your identity on The City Wire. Though you can choose a name that has no real identifiers, we highly encourage the use of your real identity or company name to fully be able to maximize the benefit of being part of our locally- based community. Be sure to make note of whether you’ve used hyphens, underscores, spaces, etc.
- Email address: This needs to be an email address that has not been used for another TCW account. Your email address will also serve as the recipient of a log-in link should you ever forget your password.
- Password: This needs to be your unique password for TCW. Please use a different password for your TCW than you use for any other account. Ideally, you’ll want to choose a password that uses both letters, numbers and symbols. Capitalization DOES matter, so you may want to write your password down in a safe place.
- Newsletters: If you’ve not already signed up for our newsletters, then you’re missing out! Our daily (M-F) news blasts go out each morning and contain headlines of regionally-focused news. The TCW Social is a weekly newsletter that focuses on non-profit and community oriented events in our coverage area. Check the boxes next to the emails you wish to receive to the email address you’ve provided.
- Click the button, and you’re a member of The City Wire!
Logging in to My Account
- Click the Login button at the top-right of your screen.
- Enter the Username for your account. Be sure to use all hyphens, spaces, or symbols appropriately, or you may not be able to log in to your account.
- Enter Password: This will be the password you used when creating your account. Your password is case-sensitive, so make sure you use capitals and lowercase letters as you did when creating your password.
- I can’t log in to my account?: Make sure you’re using all symbols, capital letters, spaces, etc. exactly as you did when creating your account. If you’re still having problems logging in, try Requesting a New Password.
How to write a blog
- Click on “Write a blog” in the left side-bar.
- Title your blog in the given space.
- Choose the region your blog best applies to.
- Write your blog in the large white text area (Yes, you can use the editor to be able to bold, italicize, spell-check, add images, etc. )
- NOTE: NEVER post from Word, please! If you're copying and pasting text into your blog, always paste it into Notepad (found through your computer’s “start” menu) first. Then cut it from notepad and paste into your blog area.
- Click Save when finished.