Registering a new account
1. Click on Create An Account, found in the top menu of your screen.
2. Username: This is a name that will serve as your identity on The City Wire. Though you can choose a name that has no real identifiers, we highly encourage the use of your real identity or company name to fully be able to maximize the benefit of being part of our locally- based community. Be sure to make note of whether you’ve used hyphens, underscores, spaces, etc.
3. Email address: This needs to be an email address that has not been used for another TCW account. Your email address will also serve as the recipient of a login link should you ever forget your password.
4. Password: This needs to be your unique password for TCW. Please use a different password for your TCW than you use for any other account. Ideally, you’ll want to choose a password that uses both letters, numbers and symbols. Capitalization DOES matter, so you may want to write your password down in a safe place.
5. Newsletters: If you’ve not already signed up for our newsletters, then you’re missing out! Our daily (M-F) news blasts go out each morning and contain headlines of regionally-focused news. The TCW Social is a weekly newsletter that focuses on non-profit and community-oriented events in our coverage area.
Check the boxes next to the emails you wish to receive to the email address you’ve provided.
6. Click the "Age Verification" button (only if you really are 13 or older).
7. Type the weird letter/number combination to let the powers that be know that you are not an autobot randomly signing up people without their knowledge.
8. Click the "Create new account" button and listen for the fireworks. You're officially a member of The City Wire! Welcome!