Last Updated: Updated February 15, 2011
How we gather information from users.
How we collect and store information depends on the page you are visiting, the activities in which you elect to participate and the services provided. You can visit many pages on our site without providing any information. Other pages may prompt you to provide information, such as when you post comments, register for access to portions of our site, sign up for membership, request certain features (e.g., newsletters, news updates and other products), or make a review. You may also provide information when you participate in sweepstakes and contests, voting and polling activities, message boards and chat rooms and other interactive areas of our site.
Like most Web sites, The City Wire also collects information automatically and through the use of electronic tools that may be transparent to our visitors. For example, we may log the name of your Internet Service Provider or use "cookie" technology. Among other things, the cookie may store your user name and password, sparing you from having to re-enter that information each time you visit, or may control the number of times you encounter a particular advertisement while visiting our site. As we adopt additional technology, we may also gather information through other means. In certain cases, you can choose not to provide us with information, for example by setting your browser to refuse to accept cookies, but doing so may limit your ability to access certain portions of the site or may require you to re-enter your user name and password. Additionally we may not be able to customize the site's features according to your preferences.
What we do with the information we collect.
We will use your information only as permitted by law. Aggregated Information (information that does not personally identify you) may be used in many ways. As one example, we may combine information about your usage patterns with similar information obtained from other users to learn which pages are visited most or what features are most attractive. Aggregated Information may occasionally be shared with our advertisers and business partners, but cannot be used to contact you individually.
Personally Identifiable Information collected by The City Wire may also be used for other purposes including but not limited to site administration and troubleshooting. Certain third parties who provide technical support for the operation of our site (our Web hosting service and our newsletter provider, for example) may access such information.
As we continue to develop our business, we may sell, buy, merge or partner with other companies or businesses. In such transactions, user information may be among the transferred assets. We may also disclose your information in response to a court order, at other times when we believe we are reasonably required to do so by law, in connection with the collection of amounts you may owe to us, and/or whenever we deem it appropriate or necessary to give such information to law enforcement authorities. Please note we may not provide you with notice prior to disclosure in such cases.
Your choice to opt out.
The quality news and information on The City Wire is supported by advertising revenue and a controlled program of e-mail marketing is an important element of our online publishing business. Like other Web publishers, we sometimes permit our advertising and promotional partners to e-mail you about services, features, products, special offers and unique content we believe might interest you.
Affiliated sites, linked sites and advertisements.
The City Wire expects its partners, advertisers and third-party affiliates to respect the privacy of our users. However, third parties, including our partners, advertisers, affiliates and other content providers accessible through our site, may have their own privacy and data collection policies and practices. For example, during your visit to our site you may link to, or view as part of a frame on a The City Wire page, certain content that is actually created or hosted by a third party. Also, through The City Wire you may be introduced to, or be able to access, information, Web sites, advertisements, features, contests or sweepstakes offered by other parties. The City Wire is not responsible for the actions or policies of such third parties. You should check the applicable privacy policies of those third parties when providing information on a feature or page operated by a third party.
Please be careful and responsible whenever you are online. Should you choose to voluntarily disclose Personally Identifiable Information on our site, such as in message boards, chat areas or in advertising or notices you post, that information can be viewed publicly and can be collected and used by third parties without our knowledge and may result in unsolicited messages from other individuals or third parties. Such activities are beyond the control of The City Wire and this policy.
The City Wire does not knowingly collect or solicit Personally Identifiable Information from or about children under 13 except as permitted by law. If we discover we have received any information from a child under 13 in violation of this policy, we will delete that information immediately. If you believe The City Wire has any information from or about anyone under 13, please contact us at the address listed below.
We can be reached by contacting:
TCW Media – The City Wire
5111 Rogers Ave. Suite 600
Fort Smith, AR 72903
Changes to this policy.
The City Wire reserves the right to change this policy at any time. Please check this page periodically for changes. Your continued use of our site following the posting of changes to these terms will mean you accept those changes. Information collected prior to the time any change is posted will be used according to the rules and laws that applied at the time the information was collected.
This policy and the use of this Site are governed by Arkansas law. Any claim related to the Site or this policy shall be brought in a federal or state court in Fort Smith, Arkansas, within one year after the claim arises. You agree no such claim may be brought as a class action. Users of The City Wire consent to the jurisdiction and venue of such court as the most convenient and appropriate for the resolution of disputes concerning this policy. The City Wire is controlled, operated and administered from the United States and other countries throughout the worlds. If you are located outside the United States, please note the information you provide to us will be transferred to the United States. You hereby consent to this transfer.
We invite you to submit your videos, photos, articles, and comments to certain areas of The City Wire. We hope you'll enjoy participating and sharing your original content with The City Wire Community.
In order to keep The City Wire enjoyable and interesting for all of our readers and members, you must consent to the following terms, as amended from time to time with or without notice to you:
1) You agree not to submit inappropriate content. Inappropriate content includes any content that:
- infringes upon or violates the copyrights, trademarks or other intellectual property rights of any person or organization
- is libelous or defamatory
- is obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit
- violates a person's right to privacy
- violates any local, state, national, or international law
- contains or advocates illegal or violent acts
- degrades others on the basis of gender, race, class, ethnicity, national origin, religion, sexual preference, disability, or other classification
- is predatory, hateful, or intended to intimidate or harass
- contains advertising or solicitation of any kind (except in appropriate sections)
- misrepresents your identity or affiliation (including using false email addresses)
- impersonates others
2) you will not collect or harvest any information about other users;
3) you will not provide, and you will not use The City Wire to provide in any manner junk mail, spam, chain letters, pyramid schemes, or any other form of unauthorized advertising or commerce;
4) you will not provide any content that may give rise to The City Wire being held civilly or criminally liable, or that may be considered a violation of any local, national or international law, including — but not limited to — laws relating to copyrights, trademarks, patents, or trade secrets.
Submission of content on this web site
By providing any content to this web site:
1) you agree to grant The City Wire a worldwide, royalty-free, perpetual, non-exclusive right and license (including any moral rights or other necessary rights) to use, display, reproduce, modify, adapt, publish, distribute, perform, promote, archive, translate, and to create derivative works and compilations, in whole or in part. Such license will apply with respect to any form, media, technology already known at the time of provision or developed subsequently;
2) you warrant and represent that you have all legal, moral, and other rights to any content you post;
3) you acknowledge and agree that The City Wire Admin will have the right (but not obligation), at The City Wire Admin's entire discretion, to refuse to publish, or to remove, or to block access to any content you provide, at any time and for any reason, with or without notice.