Hey Guys and Gals, here are the latest numbers from my survey about the survey:
1. The Fort Smith Chamber of Commerce is working on economic development for the region. What is the best way to attract and keep new businesses to the area?
- Conduct a survey among local residents about the region 5.3%
- Hire a consultant to write a report 0.0%
- Actually do the work to attract companies 94.7%
2. If you selected "Conduct a survey…" what would be the best way to go about this?
- Hire a consultant to write the survey questions 12.5%
- Conduct a survey to see if the region needs a survey 25.0%
- Hire a consultant to hire a firm to write a report on how to conduct a survey 12.5%
- Have a monkey scribble questions down to create the report 50.0%
3. If you answered "Hire a Consultant to write a report", what should the city and chamber do with the report?
- Tell everyone how great the report is 11.1%
- Put the report in a back closet 11.1%
- Ignore the report and the consultants analysis 11.1%
- Hire another consultant to make another report 88.9%
4. If you answered "actually do economic development work", which of the following best describe your feelings on this subject:
- Wait! We don’t have a survey! 0.0%
- Wait! Shouldn’t we hire a consultant first! 0.0%
- Why should we do that? 11.1%
- Screw it, lets go drinking instead. 88.9%
I think I will close it the end of the week, so vote now!
Thanks, City Wire!