April is an another active month for the programing at the Schmeiding Center, Bella Vista, according to Nancy Galbraith, program specialist. There are several routine health checks and screenings in addition to lectures on stroke awareness, 911 safety, and fall prevention. All sessions are scheduled at the Highland Center in Bella Vista, unless otherwise stated.
• 10 a.m to noon: Design Your Mind, presented by Right at Home
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Hearing aid cleaning and check up, Miarcle Ear
• 10 a.m to noon: Memory screening, Schmieding Cares.
• 9 a.m to 11 a.m.: Blood pressure screening, Alliance Home Health
• 10 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Risk fall prevention, by Health South
• 10 a.m. to noon: Glasses adjustment, Bentonville Eye Care
• 1:30 p.m. to 3:30 p.m.: Smart 911, Bella Vista Fire Dept. at Highlands Church.
• 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Blood pressure and glucose screening, Elite Home Health
• 3 p.m. to 4 p.m.: Rest, Relax, Rejuvenate $10 fee, Tracey Lynn Cox
• 1 p.m. to 3 p.m.: Hearing tests, hearing aid adjustments, Better Hearing & Balance Correction.
• Noon to 1 p.m.: Lunch & Learn Stroke Awareness, Pam Adams at United Lutheran Church. Registration is required at (800)734-2024.
• 9 a.m. to 11 a.m.: Coffee with Elder Law Firm, Todd Whatley of Elder Law