From our content partner, the Arkansas News Bureau:
A federal judge Monday denied the Pulaski County Special School District’s request to be declared substantially desegregated and released from court supervision.
U.S. District Judge D.P. Marshall said he would reconsider the district’s request to be released from a long-standing desegregation order next summer.
“The Court is heartened that … PCSSD is moving diligently to address the areas where the district is not in compliance,” Marshall wrote in the five page order. “The Court appreciates and applauds PCSSD’s update, but denies the motion without prejudice.”
The ruling comes about a year after a federal appeals court in St. Louis upheld a lower court order that said the district had failed to comply with its desegregation plan.
Last year, the district, which had already been classified by the state Board of Education as fiscally distressed, was taken over by the state.
Read more at this link.
Talk Business Staff
Latest posts by Talk Business Staff (see all)
- Health Beat: UAMS’ Northwest Arkansas Residency Program Receives Accreditation - September 30, 2015
- DRA To Spearhead Economic Development And Resilience Workshops - September 30, 2015
- A-State Announces ‘Degree in 3,’ Three-year Degree Option - September 30, 2015