The Democratic Party of Arkansas launched a web site and TV ad this week to respond to recent criticism about the state.
Www.realarkansasfacts.org highlights several talking points that Gov. Mike Beebe (D) has made on the campaign stump for legislative candidates and in response to conservative critics.
The web site notes accomplishments Beebe has touted in public appearances, including:
- $730,000,000 in Tax Cuts under the leadership of Governor Beebe and our State Legislature
- Employment up 27,000 jobs in just three years
- Arkansas now ranks fifth in the nation in public education
- One of only four states to begin the last three fiscal years without a budget shortfall
You can view the TV ad below in which Beebe responds to a recent TV campaign launched by Americans for Prosperity Foundation. The AFP Foundation ad says “government debt, higher taxes, and the everyday cost of living are slowly eroding opportunities for all Arkansans.”
In the DPA commercial titled “Hold It,” Beebe says the AFP Foundation ad is “false” and “misleading.”
At the end, a narrator ominously states: “Is Arkansas headed to a brighter future?” Beebe responds, “The truth is, yes we are.”
The ad is airing in various cable markets across the state and in all four Congressional Districts, according to a Democratic Party of Arkansas spokesperson.
Latest posts by Roby Brock (see all)
- Acxiom CEO Calls On Hutchinson To Veto HB 1228 - March 30, 2015
- New AEDC Director Says Listening, Rural Arkansas, & Public-Private Partnerships On Agenda - March 29, 2015
- Mike Preston To Serve As New AEDC Director (UPDATED) - March 25, 2015