Arkansas News Bureau columnist John Brummett analyzes the last week to 10 days of the Democratic Senate primary and concludes that its descending to a level of low comedy.
I’m going to start treating this Blanche Lincoln-Bill Halter race as a farce, for my own sanity and on the basis that a farce is what it is.
These clowns average about four lies or absurdities a day, fairly evenly divided.
I simply cannot fathom their motivation, by which I mean their desperation. Seriously: What would be the worst that could happen if either were to lose?
Brummett, with his usual clarity, gets straight to the point. I had come to a similar conclusion looking back at assorted emails from the two campaigns. These two camps hate each other as is evidenced by the subject lines from both communications departments. A sampling:
- Lincoln Lies About Not Taking Money from Bailed-Out Firms
- Halter Calls on Lincoln to Give Back Goldman Sachs Money
- Champion for Arkansas vs. the Show Pony
- Who is Lying about Retiring Bill Halter’s Campaign Debt?
There’s more, but you get the point. Granted, the campaign folks are just doing their jobs; however, it’s obvious that the race is a heated one and the animosity is ferocious. How civil will the debates be? You can read Brummett’s full column at this link.
Latest posts by Talk Business (see all)
- Stovall To Become Executive Director of Two-year College Group - May 29, 2013
- Metropolitan National Bank Posts Q3 Loss Of $1.24 Million - October 26, 2012
- Acxiom's Earnings Jump 21% In First Quarter Despite Revenue Slide - July 30, 2012